- Rehearsal of the U3A Orchestra Image kindly provided by Embsay-with-Eastby News
- Embsay with Eastby Annual Show Image kindly provided by Barbara Kipling
- Carpet bowls in the main hall Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Parking is just across the road Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- A fair trade pop-up shop and café Image kindly provided by Barbara Kipling
Using the Institute
Clubs, groups & societies
Many local clubs, societies and groups make the Institute their home, meeting regularly in either the main hall or supper room. All frequent users of the Institute who make block bookings are entitled to reduced hire charges, see the charges page for further details.
We are keen to meet the specific requirements of our regular users, for example, we are able to provide storage space for some frequent users and have worked with some groups to purchase specific equipment that they need, for example lighting equipment for Embsay Players, which then may be available, by negotiation, with other users of the Institute.
The Institute's facilities are suitable for a wide range of activities, both active and relaxed, small and large. A list of some of the groups who meet at the Institute and which rooms they use follows below. This may give you an idea of whether the hall or supper room might meet your organisation's needs.
Many frequent user groups have a representative on the Institute's Management Committee, thus having a say in how the Institute is run and resourced.
- Embsay Bridge Club - main hall
- Embsay Carpet Bowls Club - main hall
- Embsay Cricket Club - main hall for regular bingo nights
- Embsay's monthly 'Film Night' - main hall
- Embsay with Eastby Flower Club - main hall
- Embsay Players - main hall and stage for rehearsing and performing their annual pantomime in November
- Craven Quilters - supper room
- Craven U3A (University of the 3rd Age) Orchestra - main hall
- Embsay with Eastby Women's Institute - main hall
The Institute is also regular used for art classes, ballroom dancing, several exercise classes, yoga instruction and quizzes.
If you think that the Institute might be suitable for your organisation, please do contact us to discuss your requirements. Should you wish to make a block booking, please do not use the online booking system as this can only handle single bookings. Rather, get in touch and we will be pleased to help.
- Embsay and Eastby Annual Show Image provided by Embsay-with-Eastby News
- Embsay carpet bowls Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Keep your members hydrated! Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- U3A Orchestra rehearsal Image provided by Embsay-with-Eastby News
- We have plenty of comfortable chairs Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute