- The main hall has a light and airy feel Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Embsay and Eastby's Annual Show exhibits Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Celebrating 2012 with a tea party Image kindly provided by Embsay-with-Eastby News
- Enjoying a wedding breakfast in the hall Image © Clifford Lawson; used with kind permission
- Carpet bowls in the main hall Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
The Main Hall
Size: 12.65m x 9.7m
Capacity of room: 120 seated, 200 standing
Even without additional decoration, the main hall is a bright and airy space with light-coloured walls and a beautiful wooden floor. With some decoration and personal touches, it could have the feel of a grand ballroom, a high-class hotel or anywhere else you want your event to take place!
At over 12 metres in length and nearly 10 metres wide, the hall is large enough to accommodate up to 200 people standing or 120 seated.
There are 130 chairs - newly upholstered in 2018 - and tables of various sizes that may be used and are set up as required by our caretaker. There are plenty of electrical sockets around the hall, a microphone and a loop hearing system are available for presentations and all users of the hall can take advantage of free Wi-Fi. The lighting in the hall was ugraded in 2018 to LED lights and there is a large fold-away screen that may be used with prior notice.
On one side at the back of the hall there is a large alcove in which chairs and tables are stored. With a sink and hand wash basin, this area could make an excellent location for a bar at your event. Please note that there is an additional charge for having a bar during your booking. This is to cover the costs of clearing up and the removal of bottles etc. See the hire charges page for more details.
The stage with associated lighting and sound equipment is owned by and generally only used by Embsay Players in the production of their annual pantomime each November. However, it may be possible to use it by negotiation.
Should you wish to use anything other than just the hall, its chairs and tables, we strongly suggest that you contact us to discuss your requirements before making your booking. We will do all we can to meet your needs but cannot guarantee we will be able to without prior discussion.
Using the Institute
- The main hall Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Chairs in the hall Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Decorated for a wedding breakfast Image © Rachel Gee; used with kind permission
- Dancing the night away Image provided by Embsay-with-Eastby News
- Embsay and Eastby Annual Show Image provided by Embsay-with-Eastby News