The Institute's Hire Charges
The charges for hiring the village hall were updated and simplified in April 2021.
There are no longer different rates for frequent and occasional users of the facilites as in the past. Rather, all users are now charged the same rates, but single bookings are now charged a £15 surcharge.
The extra charges that apply to all users remain.
Hourly charges for all users
- From Monday to Friday, between 9am to 6pm: £12.00 per hour.
- At all other times: £15.75 per hour.
- From Monday to Friday, between 9am to 6pm: £6.00 per hour.
- At all other times: £8.00 per hour.
Charges for single bookings
Single bookings of the village institute facilities are subject to a surcharge of £15.00.
Bookings made by 'frequent users' are not subject to this surcharge. Frequent users are defined as individuals or organisations who book facilities on a weekly or other regular basis for a considerable part of the year.
Frequent users must be approved by the village institute management - please contact us if you would like to be considered for frequent user status.
Extra charges for all users
The following charges apply to all users and are on a per booking basis.
Supper Room Add-on
Any user may add the Supper Room to their booking, subject to it being booked with the hall. There is a one-off charge of £10.00 for this and the hourly rates for the Supper Room no longer apply.
Any booking on a bank holiday is subject to an additional charge of £20.00.
Bookings after 10pm
Any booking that continues after 10pm is subject to an additional charge of £35.00.
A charge of £25.00 is made if the hirers have a bar as part of their booking. This is to cover the costs of clearing up and the removal of bottles etc.
The kitchen is available to all hirers for no additional charge. Priority for the use of the kitchen is given to users who have booked the hall.
- Detailed instructions of how to make a single, one-off booking using our online system.
- Read the answers to the Booking FAQs.
- The main entrance Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Waiting for the bus Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Dancing the night away Image provided by Embsay-with-Eastby News
- Decorated for a wedding breakfast Image © Rachel Gee; used with kind permission
- Serving afternoon tea Image kindly provided by Barbara Kipling