- The main hall is a super conference space Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- The supper room, perfect for small meetings Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Prepare your refreshments in the kitchen Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Artwork makes for a pleasant atmosphere Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
- Tables can be arranged as required Image © Embsay with Eastby Village Institute
Using the Institute
Meetings & conferences
A successful meeting requires a clean, comfortable and bright atmosphere: the Institute can provide all of these and more for your conferences.
Both the main hall, for large meetings, and the supper room, for small gatherings, provide light and airy spaces thanks to their floor to ceiling-height windows and modern, LED lighting (fitted in 2018). Even after the sun has set and the curtains have been drawn, the LED lighting ensures the rooms are bright and inviting.
There is plenty of space for seating delegates in both rooms - 120 in the hall, 30 in the supper room - affording everyone who attends sufficient room to be comfortable. The hall has a loop hearing system and a microphone is available for presentations. A large fold-away screen is available for use with prior notice and all Institute users can take advantage of free Wi-Fi.
Whether you just require hot drinks and biscuits or plan on breaking your conference for a meal, catering is no problem as the modern, well-equipped kitchen is available at no extra charge for you to either prepare your own refreshments or bring in an external caterer for them to take the culinary strain.
The Institute's rooms are currently in regular use by several organisations:
- Embsay with Eastby Parish Council: large, public meetings are held in the hall while the committee itself meets in the supper room;
- Embsay-with-Eastby Community Library: the Library's Steering Committee gathers regularly and holds its Annual General Meeting in the supper room; they often organise public events in the hall such as talks on the history of the area;
- the Village Institute Committee meets regularly in the supper room.
If you think that the Institute might be suitable for your organisation's meetings and conferences, please do contact us to discuss your requirements. Alternatively, if you would like to book without delay, you can make a booking online straight away.